I’m a writer. I write. I have always written since the day I learnt how to thread words together, casting lines on and off with full stops and commas. Before that I was a storyteller. Sometimes I still am.
Published Writing and Awards:
- Angel Face, The Rhys Davies Short Story Award Anthology 2022, Parthian Press, October 2022
- What the Bear Said, Issue 87, Mslexia Magazine, September 2020
- Life in Lockdown, Womankind Magazine, 2020
- Telling it Together, Macmillan (web), 2019
- Creative Possibilities, Macmillan (web), 2018
- Why Storytelling is Important, IH Magazine, 2017
- Theatre Without Walls, Yes Magazine, 2015.
- Threads (Cheval 5 anthology), Parthian Press, 2012.
- The Missionary (poem), Antagonist Magazine, 2009.
- Departure and Return (In Her Element Anthology), Honno Press, 2008.
- Song of the Veal Calf, Respect for Animals Anthology, 1998.
- 2022, shortlisted for the Rhys Davies Short Story Award with Angel Face, to be published in an anthology by Parthian in October, 2022.
- 2021, shortlisted The Caledonia Novel Award
- 2020, winner of Jericho Writers’ Friday Night Live Award, Summer Festival of Writing.
- 2017, longlisted for the Mslexia Novel Award.
- 2015, longlisted for the Bath Novel Award.
- 2013, Literature Wales New Welsh Writers Bursary Award.
- 2011/12, Arts Council of Wales Award: Research/Training for Writing in Health and Wellbeing.
- 2010, The Cultural Leadership Partnership Placement.
- 2009, Literature Wales Mentorship Programme.
© Carys Shannon, September 2020.